Feilding High School believes in a Digital Citizenship model for supporting safe and responsible use of the internet in teaching and learning. We have established a Digital Citizenship Policy to provide a framework to provide support and promote responsible use.
An important part of this is that we are able to show others what that responsible use looks like while we are using technology in our learning.
We think a good digital citizen is someone who:
- is a confident and capable user of ICT
- will use ICT for learning as well as other activities
- will think carefully about whether the information they see online is true
- will be able to speak the language of digital technologies
- understands that they may experience problems when using technology but can deal with them
- will always use ICT to communicate with others in positive ways
- will be honest and fair in all their actions using ICT
- will always respect people’s privacy and freedom of speech online
- will help others to become better digital citizens
Because we know this is important to us all us, we ask everyone attending and working in our school community and whÄnau agree to use the internet and other technologies in a safe and responsible way by following the rules laid out in this Acceptable Use Policy. This will include the participation and successful completion of our Digital Citizenship course.
Resouces for Parents
Netsafe is a New Zealand non-profit organisation that provides free resouces to promote online safety. The following image will take you to their external website with resources for parents.