In 1919, 20 acres was purchased on North Road. On this land in 1921 a brick building of four classrooms and a chemistry laboratory was erected. This was the birth of Feilding Agricultural High School.
The founding of the school is celebrated annually on Commemoration Day in March.
In September 1931 Mr Tolley died. He was the real force behind the establishment of the school.
Our First Headmaster
Dr. Wild, the first headmaster of FAHS held degrees in science and the arts. He was also a prominent geologist and had been a lecturer in chemistry at Lincoln and at one time been on the staff of Christchurch Teachers' College.
Our Motto and Crest
The school motto "Kia Toa Kia Ngakaunui" was given to the school by Sir Hector Booth, one of the founders of FAHS - Feilding High School. Translated from Maori this motto means "Have Courage, Desire Greatly". Our crest was gifted by Sir Peter Buck (Te Rangihiroa) in 1922. The Huia feathers represent chieftainship and honour.
The School Council is operated by the students, for the students. It was the first of its kind in New Zealand, paving the way for students to have a say in school issues across the country. The student council is responsible for the allocation of funds for the school's many clubs. The School President and Vice President are voted in annually by staff and students.
Feilding Agricultural High School was renamed in 2000 to FAHS - Feilding High School to acknoweldge our agricultural heritage and reflect our growing diversification.